OPEN CLASS SERIES
This class allows you to work on your contemporary dance techniques through exercises planned to explore your range and rigour in movements as you negotiate between release and control.
To breathe and find stillness; to breathe and find exhilaration. Through a few short exercises and a final movement phrase, class will focus on how our breath can help us discover textures and enjoyment in movement.
The class will be moving to Mandopop music, with focus on emoting through movement. Through a series of flow and accents, discover a new rhythmic layer that connects your dance to the music.
In this session, we will focus on our use of hands through movement. Dabbling with our own P.A.L.M.S. (Pressure, Articulation, Locomotion, Mapping, Sensing) to dig deeper into harnessing and recognising energy patterns, use of imagery, initiation and artistry. Expect floorwork, movement sequences, improvisation, loads of explorative play and fun!
The class will focus on finding softness and ease of transition between the floor and standing, in a series of across the floor and centre work exercises. The class will end off with a short choreography.
Stephanie plays with her internal groove which leads to geometric shapes formed by the body, she also likes to play with movement quality of holding small tensions and releasing it to travel to another body part.
1h 30mins per session
Single Class: $28
10-Class Pack: $255 (valid for 6 months from date of first class)
Single Class: $20
5-Class Pack: $90 (valid for 3 months from date of first class)
Student prices are applicable to students below 24 who are still studying. Please present your student pass for verification on your first class.
Registration with payment is required before you attend the class. Registration opens at least 1 month before class, so register early to confirm your spot. Follow us on IG / FB.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
Terms & Policies:
1. Refunds will not be allowed for any payment made.
2. You can withdraw from any class enrolled at least 24 hours before the start of the class, and the credit will be returned to your account.
3. You are encouraged to continue to enroll for classes that are full, so that you are placed on waitlist and will be informed as soon as anyone drops our of those classes.
4. Class packages cannot be shared.
5. Class credits for open classes and beginner classes are not transferable.
Additional guidelines due to Covid:
1. Number of participants is limited to 12 for all classes.
2. Please ensure you are well before you come for class. If you have a temperature above 37.5 degrees celsius or are feeling unwell, do rest at home.
3. Please scan your temperature and check in via Safe Entry before entering the studio.
4. Please wear your mask whenever possible.