CONTEMPORARY INTRODUCTORY COURSE
2:30 - 4PM
This is an 8-week course suitable for those who are new to dance and wish to learn some basics of contemporary dance, be it for self-improvement or simply to pick up dance! Principles of breath in movements, release, control, core engagement, spirals, lines, transfer of weight, etc. will be taught in the course.
Designed to introduce contemporary dance to beginners through a series of simple progressive exercises, expect to gain heightened sensory awareness and better coordination, develop a more active body for a healthier body and mind, as well as attain a little foundation in dance.
Day/Time: Sunday, 2:30 - 4pm
Upcoming dates: Sep 12, 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
1 - 2:15PM
This is an 8-week course suitable for those who are new to dance and wish to learn some basics of ballet. In this course you will be introduced to the principles of classical ballet such as body alignment, weight placement, turn out, use of arms and learn basic ballet exercises and coordinations.
Designed to introduce ballet to beginners, this course will equip you with fundamentals allowing you to gain body awareness, sensitivity, strength and poise through progressive barre and centre work consisting of simple port de bras, centre practice, adage, petit allegro and grand allegro.
Day/Time: Sunday, 1 - 2:15pm
Upcoming Term Dates: Sep 12, 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Course/ Term Length, Class Duration:
8 sessions, 1h 30mins per session for contemporary dance, 1h 15mins for ballet
Course/ Term Fee:
Sigma Collective Space
10 Raeburn Park, #03-10A
Registration is required.
As courses are designed to be progressive in nature, full attendance of all 8 classes is highly recommended. You are encouraged to continue beyond the course with our intro level weekly classes to build on what you have learnt.
Email email@example.com for enquiries or to register your interest should you miss the current term.
Terms & Policies:
1. Payment for full term/ course has to be made, no pro-rate will be allowed for this period.
2. There will not be refunds allowed for payment made.
3. Course classes are not transferable.
Additional guidelines due to Covid:
1. Number of participants is limited to 12 for all classes.
2. Please ensure you are well before you come for class. If you have a temperature above 37.5 degrees celsius or are feeling unwell, do rest at home.
3. Please scan your temperature and check in via Safe Entry before entering the studio.
4. Please wear your mask whenever possible.