OPEN CLASS SERIES
This is an open class series featuring different young artists in Singapore who will be sharing their movement approach with you in the form of a phrase work or jam at the end of the class.
Come and experience their unique movement qualities and explore moving with different textures and new ideas. What better way to have a mid-week boost than to dance with your dance pals!
Explore how your body can move and groove in ways you’ve never felt before. Combining Contemporary and Modern Jazz techniques, discover with Sabril on exploring lines and curves within the body and finding your expression from the heart.
Klynn wishes to share with others a movement practice that is not confined to genres or labels, where we simply find the joy in moving, finding ways to play with the music, and connect with each other. I want people to learn that dance is really just movement made meaningful. Join her in a short improv/jam session followed by a short phrase/choreo.
In this class, you will be exploring how you can connect with your partners through different ways (sensitivity, weight sharing, playfulness, touch).
SD hopes to introduce a few activities which will lead up to an open jam towards the end.
Find ease in your joints, a sense of lightness in the movements and exploring different flows and rhythms. The class would focus on acknowledging the space and dimensions we can create within our joints, exploring how this feels within our own bodies and how it can be manipulated to create more effortless movements. From there, by adjusting the amount of effort used to move, we can explore how it can be utilised effectively to create contrasting qualities, following or interrupting the momentum in our movements.
This class will focus on finding efficiency and release in floor work transitions, and using skin as the largest sensory organ to feel our surrounding and to immerse ourselves in music"
Explore improvisation with props, establishing connections with them in space. A short movement phrase will be taught, with options to explore and see how we can incorporate our props into it.
*Please bring along any prop from mug size to chair size (nothing brittle for safety). You may also use any suitable prop that is available in the studio too.
1h 30mins per session
Single Class: $28
3-Class Pack: $60 (valid only for Emerging Artists Open Class Series from 8 Jun - 27 Jul)
If you have an existing 10-class pack with us, you may also use the credits from there.
Student Single Class*: $20
Student 5-Class Pack*: $90 (valid for 3 months from date of first class)
*Student prices are applicable to students below 24 who are still studying. Please present your student pass for verification on your first class.
If you have an existing student 5-class pack with us, you may also use your credits from there.
Registration with payment is required before you attend the class. Registration opens on 1 June 2022, so register early to confirm your spot. Follow us on Instagram (@sigmacospace) to get to know these emerging artists!
Email email@example.com for enquiries.
Terms & Policies:
1. Refunds will not be allowed for any payment made.
2. You may withdraw from any class enrolled at least 24 hours before the start of the class, and the credit will be returned to your account.
3. If you are unable to make it for class less than 24 hours before the start of the class, you are encouraged to find a replacement and inform us about it as the credit will not be returned to you.
4. You are encouraged to continue to enrol for classes that are full, so that you are placed on waitlist and will be informed as soon as anyone drops our of those classes.
5. Class packages cannot be shared.
6. Class credits for open classes and beginner classes are not transferable.
Additional guidelines due to Covid:
1. Please ensure you are well before you come for class. If you have a temperature above 37.5 degrees celsius or are feeling unwell, do rest at home.